Liam O’Mahony, PhD
Professor of Immunology at the Departments of Medicine and Microbiology in National University of Ireland
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology from University College Cork (1994)
- Doctorate in Immunology by Trinity College Dublin (1998)
- Post-doctoral research at the Department of Microbiology, University of College Cork, Department of Medicine and the Digestive Diseases Division
- Principal Investigator at the Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre at University College Cork (2003-2008)
- Head of Molecular Immunology at the Swiss Institute of Allergy and Asthma Research, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Currently is professor of Immunology at the Departments of Medicine and Microbiology in National University of Ireland, Cork, also the EAACI treasurer and an Allergy associate editor
- He is investigating the basic mechanisms by which microbes influence allergic sensitization and defense from viral infections.
Participation in the event
16:30h-17:00h : Role of Immunity in Cow’s Milk Allergy – Implications for Gut Microbiome
The content of this website is for healthcare professionals only.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Breastfeeding is best for babies.
LGG® is a registered trademark of Chr. Hansen A/S.